Are you a Dell computer user? Dell computers come with a computer Support Center software which will help you to run diagnostics and identify the components that are installed in your computer. The Support Center software also helps the technicians at Dell support to find more on the condition of your computer hardware and also the status of your computer’s warranty. This software also allows the technician to access your computer remotely and find out the problems with your computer. The steps to run memory diagnostic in Dell Support Center are explained below.
Instructions to Run System Diagnostic Memory Check
- Locate the Dell Support Center Shortcut in your computer’s desktop and double-click on it to open the Support Center window. This icon may be located either in the program start up menu or in the computer’s desktop. If you are unable to locate the icon, or if you have deleted it, you may download and install it again on the computer.
- Locate the icon named About Your System in the Dell Support Center window. Click once on the icon. You can differentiate the icon, as it represents the picture of a desktop computer. Clicking on it will take you to another window.
- You will be able to locate an icon that resembles a crescent wrench that says System Information: Memory, disk size and more. Click on this once to go to the next window.
- In the next window that comes up, you will be able to see a Memory tab at the top of the list box. Click on this tab to get a list that shows Total Memory and Available Memory. You can find a phrase Show details written in blue color. Click on it. This will bring a window, which shows you further information on the computer’s Random Access Memory (RAM).
- Try to understand more on the data in the window. This data shows the available virtual memory, total virtual memory, available page file size, total page file size, swap file and the location and speed of RAM memory in your computer.
These are the instructions to run the System Diagnostic Memory check in your Dell computer. If you are unable to follow any of the above steps, you may contact any computer support technician or the Dell support center for further assistance.