Updating a Windows Vista computer might sometimes result in errors. In order to troubleshoot such errors, you will be required to follow a set of guidelines. The Microsoft tech support team has provided us with the following set of easy and simple instructions, which will help you to resolve the update issues in the Windows Vista computer. With the help of the instructions given here, you will be able to finish off the troubleshooting procedure within a matter of minutes. If you need more support with this matter, contact the support team.
Instructions to resolve some Windows Vista update issues
• Restart your computer after inserting the Windows Vista installation DVD into the DVD drive of your computer. A command prompt will be displayed on the screen, asking you if you want to boot from the disc. Press the "Space" bar to boot the computer using the Windows Vista installation DVD.
• Choose a language, keyboard layout and time zone displayed on the three drop-down boxes, which will be located on the first installation screen. In order to continue to the next step in the installation process, click on the “Next” button.
• Click on the “Repair your Computer” option and ignore the “installation” button. The option that you have to select will be displayed in the lower left corner of your computer screen. Clicking on this option will start the process of recovery, instead of starting the process of Windows Vista installation on your computer.
• From the list of operating systems displayed on the screen, choose the Windows Vista operating system and then click on the “Next” button. You will now be able to see numerous options listed in the recovery console, which will be displayed on the screen of your computer. Click on the “System Restore” option and you will be able to see a list of registry backup dates displayed on the screen. Click on the date before you applied the latest Vista update, and then click on the "Next” button.
• Click on the “Finish” button, which is located on the confirmation window that tells you the update is complete. Take the Windows Vista installation DVD out of the drive of your computer, and then restart your computer.
These are the guidelines recommended by the efficient Microsoft tech support team, which you should follow if you want to resolve the update issues in the Windows Vista computer.